Friday, August 13, 2010

Brain Dump...

Ciao Amici!


Im getting more and more excited about the prospects this blog may hold!
Along with reviews of the restaurants/bars/activities I head to on a daily basis, here are a few things I have in mind to write about (once Ive done the proper research, of course!)…and let me know what you’d like to read about! Apologies for the lack of pictures - that will change once I start posting based on my visits to Boston establishments!

Best Guac – I don’t think I can express how much I love guac. Its my go-to dish for a BBQ, and Ive been known to eat nothing but guac and chips for dinner (more frequently that I should). However, I’ve YET to fall in love with restaurant-made anywhere in this city – had some AMAZING guac in Philly at a place called El Vez. They have some really unique choices like spicy crab or goat cheese & pistachio. So if you’re ever down there, I highly recommend it. But this is about Boston – so clearly I need to do some exploring and report back. Any suggestions?


On Tap Selection – I can think of two establishments off the top of my head with well over a hundred beers on tap. How thick is the competition here? Anyone else smell a beer-crawl comin’ on?


Why should Happy Only Last an Hour?? As you all know, there is no alcohol happy hour allowed in Boston, BUT to keep the patrons happy, many places have incredible deals on food from 5ish to 7ish on weekdays. I want to discuss the best places to go each night of the week for some cheap delicious happy hour specials. Did you know you can get a ¼ pound cheeseburger and fries at McCormick’s for under $3 if you order between 3:30pm and 6:30pm!!?? Amazing.


Cheap Drafts - This may not appeal to all of you, but I happen to run with a certain crowd who likes a nice, light, cheap as hell beer from time to time. We’re talkin’ $2.50 drafts tops. I want to put together a list of the best places to find this watery-goodness when you’re in it for the long haul, but not the long bill.


So to wrap it up…
The longer I live in this city, the more I realize how little I know about it. Thanks to those of you who have already started reading and have encouraged this little project (either through following, or offering to check out a new restaurant with me). I think this is going to be a really fun ride.


Ci vediamo,

Little B



PS – im a bit of an Italian language enthusiast so if I throw in something that makes no sense, feel free to ask :) “Ci vediamo” for example, literally translates to “we see each other”….but when I say it, I mean “stay tuned, Ill be writing again soon!” Fun fact!

5 comments:

  1. I'm up for helping you test out places!!! We'll have to try the guac at Jose's Mexican Restuarant in Cambridge soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should probably post YOUR guac recipe until you find a great place to get it in the city :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good suggestion, Michelle. We'll check it out!

    Jean - I will post my recipe once I've found places in Boston to discuss. It will be a whole guac-dedicated post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love guac! & make a mean guac myself so have a hard time finding good stuff out there as well. I'm in support of a guac-dedicated post:)

    ReplyDelete