Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Need a greasy delicious late night snack downtown? Saus is where it's at!


Packie and I were heading home from a bar last week a little after 10pm, and realizing we hadn't eaten dinner, stopped into 3-4 places trying to find one still serving food. No dice in the downtown area! And I don't know about you, but I can only eat so many salads before the fat kid inside me takes over and I just need some grease. Lucky for me there is a new establishment near faneuil hall that feeds this desire - Saus!

Turns out, this little hole-in-the-wall joint on Union St. will do the trick if you're in the market for one of two things: french fries or waffles. Their niche is the awesome array of sauces they offer with each (get it, Saus?).

As Packie is a seasoned Saus enthusiast, I trusted her judgment when it came to ordering the perfect late night snack. We got a lovely cone of fries ($4-$7 depending which size you go for), and a couple dipping sauces (75 cents each) - Saturday Night Chive (haha - this is the kind of humor that does it for me...) and Bacon Parmesan. You can also take advantage of complimentary sauces including homemade mayo, homemade ketchup, and malt vinegar with red pepper flakes.

I know some of you are probably thinking "ew, mayo with fries, that's blasphemous!" but I'm just saying...you may want to reconsider your dedication to ketchup in this situation. Mayo is a traditional condiment to slather on your fries in other parts of the world, and let's be honest here, we're going for a greasy snack and what could possibly clog an artery faster than greasy fries covered in mayo? Don't think about it too hard, just do it!

Both the sauces I had were really good and I'm looking forward to going back to check out the waffle situation (which I hear is equally scrumptious). If you go, let me know what you think! Waffles go for just $3.50 a pop and sauce choices include homemade nutella, berry berry, salted caramel, and lemon cream. My mouth is watering...

Have a great week, my friends!

Little B

2 comments:

  1. I have heard so many good things about this place! I need to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You absolutely should!! If you try a different kind of sauce or the waffles, please let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete