Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Update: Snappy Sushi is Bigger & Better!

Great News! I just checked out the newly opened Snappy Sushi location on Newbury (a block up from the hole in the wall spot they had before), and it's fantastic! KRock and I made a gametime decision to swing by last night for a healthy dinner, and we were uber impressed with the new digs.
 
They bumped up the level of class significantly, without upping the prices. The main floor has a great little reception area and is adorned with orchids. There are a few tables up there, but the larger seating area is downstairs. Though it was dinner time and I know from experience this place gets packed, the new location offers at least 4x as many tables and a huge bar.

Two other exciting new features:
1. the bathrooms are no longer sketch, they are really nice actually
2. snappy now serves alcohol!! granted its just beer, wine and sake - but this girls LOVES a good sapporo so you wont see me complaining about that

Long story short, snappy got bigger and better, and Im one happy camper.

Happy trails!
Little B


2 comments:

  1. Their main draw for me was the prices compared to the quality of food. I sort of stopped going there when their sushi special put me over $10. Yeah, I'm a cheap bastard - but only for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris - I typically head there at dinner time, I agree you can probably find a cheaper lunch special. They do have some delicious rolls though and their seaweed salad is fantastic!!

    One other thing to note - they now have outdoor seating! Snappy sushi and summertime in Boston - I cant think of a more beautiful combination :)

    ReplyDelete