Saturday, February 5, 2011

Parish Cafe for the Best Lunch You've Had in Months...

I've spent my share of summer days in line at Parish Cafe (on Boylston St) waiting for an outdoor table to bask in the sun while enjoying some amazing food. I've been pleasantly surprised to find that the chilly winter air has made getting a table at one of my favorite Beantown lunch spots a little quicker!

After doing some research, I believe I've discovered the reason for their extremely high standard of quality. The concept behind Parish Cafe was to ask all the best local chefs to create one amazing sandwich each. The menu items are named for the chefs or their restaurants. This unique concept allows each dish to stand on its own as a star. I, for one, have never been disappointed.

A recent visit with EDubs and the Captain was no exception. We started off with the vegetarian corn cakes ($9.75). This dish is simply amazing. Seared/baked corn cakes with sliced avo and some pico in a tasty sauce. The whole thing is piled on a delectable salad - it was a perfect way to start our lunch date, leaving all three of us excited for what was to come.

I'll be honest, I fell in love with the first thing I ever ordered at Parish and often have trouble ordering anything else - the Zuni Roll ($12). Described by the Captain as "Thanksgiving in a wrap", this amazing treat consists of smoked turkey, bacon, dill havarti cheese, and cranberry chipotle sauce, all wrapped perfectly in a flour tortilla. The creamy textures of the dill havarti, with the tang of the cranberry is heavenly. Also, Im not normally a fan of cole slaw or potato salad, but either choice is a delicious side. Every bite of this meal reminds you of the time and dedication Parish puts into a fresh, quality meal.

I could go on and on about other amazing dishes, but I know you won't be disappointed with anything you try!
Other tidbits to mention - Parish has a full bar and turns into a great casual spot to meet up with a friend for a drink and a quick bite later in the evening. They serve their full menu until 1AM, with last call at 2AM so there's plenty of opportunity day or night to try one of their mouth-watering treats!

And I made myself hungry thinking about this place...so there's nothing left to say except see you there!!

Little B

No comments:

Post a Comment